A Conservative Vision for the Brazos Valley
John Raney's priorities include:
1. Creating Jobs and Sparking Economic Growth: We have had 2 ½ years of government trying to create jobs, it's time for policy-makers to let the private sector create opportunity. John Raney opposes bureaucratic, stimulus boondoggles, and would rather cut taxes, simplify the state's business tax, and pass property tax relief to spark our economy. Click here to view John's job plan to get Texans working!
"We have to make sure that small businesses particularly have the freedom to grow. Taxation on businesses just stifles the economy."
- John Raney, July 2, 2011
2. Investing in Higher Education Excellence: With one of the state's premier universities in our back yard, John Raney will aggressively seek funding for research dollars at Texas A&M and better funding for high-need fields while working to create greater partnerships with A&M and the A&M System to bring jobs in fields like biotechnology and engineering to the Brazos Valley.
3. Supporting Educators: John knows great teachers can inspire any student to learn and succeed. He will work for greater investment in the classroom, where teachers can stimulate young minds. He will also support greater resources for high-need subject areas, such as math, science and technology.
4. Securing our Border and the Brazos Valley: With high unemployment, and the onset of the worst economic recession in 70 years, John will support efforts to crack down on criminal activity, including the transport of drugs and weapons across our border with Mexico. He will support zero tolerance for gang violence that targets innocent citizens. John believes we should close Texas' southern border to stop illegal immigration. If we have to shift resources from other parts of the budget to do it, then we must.
5. Taxes: Having spent six years on the Tax and Legislative Committee for the Texas Retailers Association, John knows the importance of limiting taxation. He will fight for legislation that will require a two-thirds vote (more strict) in the Texas House and Senate in order to raise state taxes.
John Raney is conservative to the core, and will represent our values in Austin. He wants to be a voice for the people of District 14. We need a leader who knows our area like the back of his hand, and has been a part of building a better community. That leader is John Raney.